segunda-feira, julho 16, 2007

A MORTE SAIU À RUA

ASHIRA - 1967-2007 - RIP

It is with a heavy heart and great sadness that I have to tell you that long time Mission fan Ashira died today, Sunday 15th July. Ashira, who had been terminally ill for quite some time, was well known to many Mission fans through the forums here on MWIS.

I met her only once, before the show at Manchester University on the LTC tour. What I remember most was her indomitable spirit and her humour and her desire not to be of any trouble for us. Of course it was no trouble for us to meet her, have our photo taken with her, and sign a few things. It kind of felt like meeting an old friend who I hadn't seen for years as I felt that I'd come to know her through her postings here on our forums.

As most of you know that regularly post on the forums here I occasionally keep an eye on what's going on and have even been known to post myself when an issue has raised my hackles. Anyway, what I want to say is that whenever Ashira posted it was always with positivity, good humour and wit, and clarity. She was always so supportive of the band, and myself particularly. I shall miss greatly her voice of reason on our forums.

My thoughts go out to Ashira's family & friends.....and I shall indeed raise a glass for Ashira at Shepherds Bush next February.

There is a thread on the Mission forum page started by Ashira's friend, Blue Jo, where you can leave a message if you so want. Thanks Jo, for bringing this very sad news to our attention.

RIP, Ashira, we miss you.
Wayne

1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Deixará saudades...
Descanse em paz!