quinta-feira, dezembro 20, 2007

GOOD NEWS!!!


Chama-se Bare e está acabado. É apenas Wayne Hussey. A explicação:

"The recordings are loosely based on the solo shows I have played over the last few years. It's basically just acoustic guitar, piano, some other keyboards like organ and mellotron, an old beat box, and cello on a track or two. There are no electric guitars, no bass, no 'real' drums. In fact, no band.In a lot of respects I don't really consider 'Bare' as being my first solo album. It's more an acoustic re-working of part of my past and I would prefer to think that my first 'proper' solo album will be all new songs and will be looking to the future rather than the past and that will, more than likely, be the next thing I work on next year after the tour. I'm hoping that being able to release records under my own name, ratherthan a 'brand' name like The Mission, will ultimately afford me more artistic freedom. If I want to record a techno record or a jazz record or an album that defies categorization or whatever then I think it'll certainly be easier to do, with no level of expectation from the Mission audience, by releasing them under my own name, or even under a pseudonym.
When we released the last Mission single, 'Blush', I included an acoustic version of the song as an extra track and a friend of mine suggested that I should do more of that kind of thing, you know, taking a song and stripping it down. I took the idea a step further by deciding to re-record the songs but with very limited instrumentation.One of my favourite ever albums is 'Only The Lonely' by Frank Sinatra and it's a 'mood' album. It's perfect for late-night, having drank a couple of bottles of red wine, smoking cigarette after cigarette, lighting some candles and either wallowing in a recent lost love or being 'relaxed' with the one you love. And I wanted to do something similar.
So it's a very laid-back, gentle record.I'm not nervous about it at all. I know it's a record that only some Mission fans will enjoy but I believe some will really love this album and there may even be people that enjoy this record that have never liked anything the band have ever done. But I've done it more for myself than anything else. You could say it's a little conceited or extravagant, or self indulgent on my part but it's just something I wanted to do and I figured it was time to do something like this now that I'm finally putting The Mission to bed. These new versions aren't supposed to be better or worse than the originals, it just captures a mood, I hope, and hopefully shows that the songs are just good songs regardless of how they're played."

As músicas incluídas no álbum

A Night like This (The Cure)

Keep It In The Family

Black Mountain Mist

With Or Without You (U2)

Shelter From The Storm

Garden Of Delight

God Only Knows

Absolution

Stars Don't Shine Without You

My Funny Valentine

Bird Of Passage

Grotesque

Extra
One Thing Leads To Another

Sem comentários: