sexta-feira, junho 30, 2006

THANKS WAYNE!


Hi Bernardo,
Please see my 'column' below......I hope it's OK........I don't know how many characters there are but if you need to edit it that's ok........
I also attached a recent jpeg for you to use.......Hope it's all ok.......
So, my prediction? See below......
Roll on Saturday......
Cheers,
Wayne

PS - Hope all is fine with your wife, family and band...


It’s time for revenge...Or is it?
When Portugal beat Holland in, what was for me, the most enthralling and exciting match so far in the 2006 World Cup to earn the right to face England in the 1/4 finals it was the result that I, as an Englishman, was hoping for.
I like Portugal. A lot. I have a huge soft spot for the country and it’s people. But as an England football supporter it still hurts to be reminded of our defeat in the 1/4 finals of Euro 2004 on penalties.
Under normal circumstances I would expect Portugal against England to be a good game of football. But the way that England have thus far performed in this world cup doesn’t instill in me, or the country, a great deal of confidence in the outcome of the match on Saturday.
However, we all walk with hope in our hearts and England undoubtedly have at least 2 world class players - Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney.
Rooney has the ability to change the course of a game with an explosive piece of skill, much like his Manchester United club mate, Christiano Ronaldo, although I’d venture to say that I think Ronaldo more often than not flatters to deceive.
Steven Gerrard, given license to play the same sort of game he plays week in and week out for Liverpool, has the ability to DICTATE a match.
For me, Gerrard is the key to an England success. But there lies the rub.......Gerrard has not been utilised in a way that has played to his strengths......So far. If he plays untethered and supported by the rest of the team then we may yet see the 'real' England.
There is a lot of debate and sceptism in the British media about the tactics and team choices made thus far by Sven Goran Eriksson. We all know England can perform better than they have done and all of us are hoping for a performance from our team that starts to come close to our expectation. If that happens, I think England will beat Portugal. If not, game over, Portugal will reach the semi-final to face, I hope, Brazil and my English boys will be off on holiday sooner than they expected.
Figo against Beckham - Rooney against Ronaldo - Pauletta against Crouch
- & Gerrard against Maniche, Carvalho against Terry. All potentially great games, just a shame that Owen and Deco, for different reasons but both unfortunate, are not able to play.
I’m looking forward to this one but I just hope the ‘real’ England turn up and show the world at least a little of what we are capable of. It wouldn’t be before time........
Wayne Hussey, Sao Paulo, Brasil - 28th June 2006



* Versão integral do texto de Wayne Hussey hoje publicado no Record. E a pequena provocação no mail...

5 comentários:

Meideprak disse...

Está cool! Do seu Liverpool temos boas recordações não faz muito tempo! É do rock e tem fé, nós tb temos, vamos a eles.
É boa onda o texto dele, és o maior puto, não me leves a mal!

Anónimo disse...

HI WAYNE... sorry, but PORTUGAL IT´S very BIG, you are simple / god music by MISSION ,,,, PORTUGAL...
SAUDAÇÕES MUSICAIS DO ALGARVE, minhas e da MINHA BABE

Anónimo disse...

MEN: a opniao esta boa, mas nao precebo é nada de ingles

Anónimo disse...

O pato do Sporting faz milagres na selecção. Parabéns Ricardo. Portugal soma e segue.

Jagunço disse...

O Baia o que?